Even today, when it comes to Google Ads, many doubts and curiosities arise. People still don’t know what it is, how to use it, how much it costs, and what benefits you can get. To overcome all these problems and inform the reader, I have well thought of creating a small guide that explains what Google Ads is and why you should rely on this system to earn.
Enjoy the reading!
In short: Google Ads is an advertising program that can help your business grow by running advertisements.
Ads: what is it?
Ads is Google’s paid advertising service and is a very useful tool for promoting a company’s business online. If well combined with the SEO activity that instead deals with the optimization and organic positioning of the website, it allows for reaching high numbers of new customers in a short time.
It is an advertising platform through which it is possible to publish text ads, images, and videos on search results pages and on sites of the Google content network. A truly functional web marketing tool that allows you to promote your business quickly and easily but at the same time extremely productive.
Ads: how does it work?
Ads advertising is based on the creation of ads that can be viewed in the first results on search engine pages or on Google partner sites (such as YouTube). The published announcement can be video, illustrated or simply textual.
Through this tool, you can find new customers by tracking down people who are really interested in what your business offers. In fact, the service uses targeting tools that allow certain ads to be displayed only to a specific target of people – and therefore potential customers – who surf the web by searching on topics related to your business.
The main targeting is of three types:
1 Keyword Targeting: Ads are displayed based on the keywords related to your business that you chose when you created your ad. To help you use keyword targeting with Ads, Google also offers absolutely free tools such as Google Suggestion Tool or Google Trends that allow you to understand which are the most searched words on the net among those related to your business.
2 Topic targeting: Ads appear on a large number of pages belonging to the content network identified when setting up the advertising campaign.
3. Positioning targeting: the ads are displayed on the sites that are part of the so-called “Content Network”, identified on the basis of what is specified by the advertiser. When setting up the campaign, you choose sites and/or interests related to your business, in order to display the ad on the pages of the same. For example, those who manage e-commerce of food products can display their ads in known and clicked cooking blogs.
Advanced options are also available for even more customization (audience targeting, device targeting, language, and location targeting). This allows you to reach even more specific targets of potential customers, increasing the chances of success of the campaign.
Ads: why is it useful for companies?
Ads are useful for any type of company, whatever its size and sector, as it offers a wide range of tools to increase the online visibility of your business on all devices, greatly increasing the chances of growing your own. customer package.
But let’s see in detail what the strengths are :
- It works on Google which is the most used search engine in the world: with a single advertising platform, you can reach a large number of users. It is aimed at a personalized target and allows you to publish ads for geo-localized searches.
- It has flexible costs: it is the company that decides how much it wants to spend and how. There are no minimum access budget levels. Through the “pay per click” system, payment occurs only when users click on the ad.
- It allows you to manage the advertising campaign completely independently: the advertiser can check the progress of the campaign at any time, interrupt it or optimize it if necessary, using dedicated reporting tools such as Analytics.
- There are no time limits: with Ads, it is possible to reach users interested in your product and/or service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We have seen what Google Ads is, how it works and what its strengths are, but how to best use it to improve the business of your company?
Since this is an extremely customizable web marketing tool, based on the objectives of each company it is possible to resort to one of the types of advertising campaigns made available by Ads:
- Search Campaign: displays ads in correspondence with relevant Google searches carried out by users potentially interested in your business.
- Display campaign: allows you to increase your company’s visibility on the web towards new potential customers who will see the ad on sites owned by Google (Gmail, YouTube, Blogger, etc.) or that collaborate with Google.
- Remarketing campaign: promotes the company to users who have previously visited its site.
- Shopping campaign: Promote your company’s products by giving users insights before they click on your ad.
An Ads advertising campaign is always a useful choice to increase your business, but in order to be successful, it is very important to make the most of all the tools it offers in a personalized way, taking into account the needs and characteristics of your company, of the market. and the target audience.
If you need more information or if you don’t know where to start your Ads adventure, contact me and I will be happy to give you all the information I have.